BaconBitsNews

The world of entertainment, sports related and late breaking news... also follow me on twitter @baconbitsnews for late breaking up to the minute news







Monday, February 28

Sorry everyone my blog was posted late today bc I am on vaca in sunny Miami the rest of the week won't be late today

Bob Dylan's muse Suze Rotolo dies at 67. Suze Rotolo, Bob Dylan's girlfriend in the early-Sixties, who walked arm-in-arm with the songwriter on the iconic cover of "The Freehweelin' Bob Dylan," died Feb. 24 after a long illness. She was 67. Rotolo was the muse behind many of Dylan's early love songs, including "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right," "Boots of Spanish Leather" and "Tomorrow Is a Long Time." She was just 17 when they began dating in 1961, shortly after Dylan arrived in New York City. "I once loved a woman, a child I'm told," he wrote in "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right." "I gave her my heart, but she wanted my soul." In early 1962, Dylan and Rotolo were living together in a tiny apartment on West Fourth Street. Suze came from a staunchly left-wing New York family, and played a huge role in Dylan's political awakening. When they began dating Dylan was largely apolitical and his set consisted mostly of decades-old folk songs. Rotolo took him to CORE (The Congress of Racial Equality) meetings and taught him much about the civil rights movement. Rotolo told Dylan about the brutal 1955 murder of Emmett Till, inspiring Dylan to write his early protest classic "The Death of Emmett Till." "I think it's the best thing I've ever written," Dylan said at the time.


2011 Oscar Winners

Best Picture: "The King’s Speech"

Best Actor: Colin Firth, "The King's Speech"

Best Actress: Natalie Portman, "Black Swan"

Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale, "The Fighter"

Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo, "The Fighter"

Best Director: Tom Hooper, "The King's Speech"

Best Animated Movie: "Toy Story 3"

Best Make-up: The Wolfman

Best Costume Design: Alice in Wonderland

Best Song: “We Belong Together” from Toy Story 3 – Music and Lyric by Randy Newman



Last night's Oscar losers went home with a $270,000 swag bag. It included:
- a $200,000 orbital space flight on Virgin Galactic

- a $16,000, four-night stay at a luxury resort in the Maldives

- $200 Black caviar eye and neck cream from J. Holly International

- $20 “Shimmer” toilet paper rolls from KimzHollywood List

- use of a private island for five days



At The Box Office

1. "Gnomeo & Juliet," $14.2 million.

2. "Hall Pass," $13.4 million. Sound Bite-Hall Pass-Fred (Jason Sudeikis) gets a hall pass. (Courtesy of New Line Cinema) (NEW)

3. "Unknown," $12.4 million.

4. "Just Go With It," $11.1 million.

5. "I Am Number Four," $11 million.

6. "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never," $9.2 million.

7. "The King's Speech," $7.6 million.

8. "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son," $7.6 million.

9. "Drive Angry," $5.1 million.

10. "True Grit," $1.9 million.


Designer John Galliano Pulls a Mel Gibson

John Galliano is in a lot of trouble with the House of Dior. The designer has been placed on suspension pending investigation that he verbally assaulted a couple with racial and religious slurs. "The House of Dior declares with the greatest firmness its policy of zero tolerance with regard to any anti-Semitic or racist statement or attitude," Dior boss Sidney Toledano said in a statement. "Pending the outcome of the [police] enquiry, Christian Dior has suspended John Galliano from all duties." Cops detained Galliano on Thursday night for a brief while as they questioned him for the alleged attack at the bar.


James Franco Ditches His Own Oscar Party After Bombing as Host

Was James Franco stoned during last night's Oscars? The 127 hours actor gave us hours of bad jokes, bad hosting etiquette and straight up boredom. James ended up ditching his own Oscar after party after he bombed on stage last night. Luckily his co-host Anne Hathaway was there to help save the show, but it was obvious she was over compensating for him. Immediately after the show he boarded a plane to NYC and left a twitter message that read, "Goodbye L.A. It was fun! Time to head back to class." So who showed up to his bash at The Supper Club? Seth Rogen, Kevin Spacey and a couple of stars from CW's 90210 but that was pretty much it. When the host doesn't bother showing up, you can guarantee it'll be a bust.


Charlie Will Do Another Season of Men--at $3 Mil an Episode

Charlie Sheen spent an entire week bad mouthing his 'Two and a Half Men' boss Chuck Lorre on national television and just about every radio show, but now he's singing a different tune. Last week he pretty much said the show is dead and he'll never work with Lorre again, but is now saying he'll gladly return to work because he's a man of his word. He said he's even on board to do season 10, but only if he gets paid $3 mil an episode plus a $20 mil signing bonus. Charlie's interview with Good Morning America is set to air on Tuesday and here's what we can expect from our favorite trainwreck, "I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body," the embattled "Two and a Half Men" star said in an interview with ABC News. "I woke up and decided, you know, I've been kicked around. I've been criticized. I've been like the, 'Ah, shucks' guy with like this bitchin' rockstar life. And I'm just finally going to completely embrace it, wrap both arms around it, and love it violently. And defend it violently through violent hatred."


Rihanna and Ciara Get Into Nasty Catfight

Rihanna and Ciara got into a nasty catfight--on twitter. The feud started when Ciara went on E!'s fashion police and bashed Rihanna. "I ran into her recently at a party. She wasn't the nicest," Ciara sniped on TV. "It's crazy, because I've always loved and respected what she's done in fashion. It wasn't the nicest run in. Rihanna found out about Ciara's comments and tweeted, "My bad Ci, did I forget to tip you? How rude of me....You gangsta huh? Ha."

Ciara retaliated, "Trust me Rihanna you don't want to see me on or off the stage."

But Rihanna an amazing comeback, "Good luck with bookin that stage you speak of."

"Pure comedy," Ciara replied.

Rihanna ended up taking the high road and put the feud to rest before it could get any uglier. "Ciara baby, I love you girl!" she Tweeted. "You hurt my feelings real bad on TV! I'm heartbroken! That's why I retaliated this way! So sorry! Let's make up."

Ciara replied, "Rhi, u know its always been love since day 1! Doing shows and everything. You threw me off in that party! Apology accepted. Let's chat in person."


Kathy Griffin Dating the Old Spice Guy

Griffin tweeted a photo of herself with Mustafa in September, calling him “super hot.” This reeks of publicity stunt, but at an event this Tuesday, Mustafa was seen whispering in Griffin’s ear and kissing her hand. The next day, he visited her on the set of Glee.



Kelsey Grammer Got Married By Drag Queen

"Kelsey Grammer and Kayte Walsh were married at a private ceremony for family and friends," his rep said in a statement. Kelsey and Kayte said "I do" in front of 150 guests in New York and the ceremony was officiated by a drag queen. They got married at Longacre Theatre on Broadway by his ‘La Cage aux Folles’ co-star Terry Lavell. A source told the NY Post newspaper: “They’ll be married by Terry Lavell, who plays Mercedes. He has the license to officiate weddings. The congregation will sit in the audience seats. “Kelsey wanted to get married at the Longacre because he enjoyed being on the stage. Also, it’s where he fell in love with Kayte; she was always backstage.”



David Beckham Thinks He's Jesus

Becks spent over 8 hours in a chair for the massive tattoo that's located on the left side of his chest. David said: "It is Jesus being carried by three cherubs and obviously the cherubs are my boys and so my thought of it is that at some point my boys are going to need to look after me and that’s what they’re doing in the picture. It means a lot." He said: "I don't plan on having a tattoo, just sometimes I wake up and I have an idea of an image I'd like on me. It's just something that I've found kind of expresses how I feel or thoughts I have or memories. There's not one tattoo I've got on me that doesn't mean something."

No comments:

Post a Comment